Sunday, September 25, 2011

Those horrible Jim Crow Laws.

When I was reading these Jim Crow laws I actually felt sick to my stomach. How could people act that way? What made them think that they were better than anyone else? I knew that it had happened but I had never really learned the gory details. I never thought to hard about it, but now it seems way to realistic for me.
Then I thought why should we be so critical? What makes us better? We are still at war and killing innocent civilians.  There are people that are starving in the world and we usually only do the bare minimum. Yet just because we have moved forward in one area, racism, does not mean that we should consider ourselves to be superior to them. What we do today is also horrible. Back when the Jim Crow Laws were first created it was normal for these things to happen. They were part of society. Even if we see it as barbaric now. What will people say about us in 100 years? Society will always grow, and change, and evolve but its not possible to have a utopian society, it never will be. So don't judge what other people do until you look at what you are doing first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment